Sunday, March 20, 2011

BONER!

Diarrhea Planet, ALOHA!

 
     This EP, barely over 9 minutes, is simultaneously one of the silliest and most promising fucking things I’ve ever heard. Surf punk butt rock I’d call it, yezzir. All the angry sensibilities of teenage angst combined with 12-year old potty humor out the ass. These magical awesome nobodies dropped this EP last year out of nowhere and then receded into the listless caverns of viral enigmas. They had no website, no myspace page, played no shows. Nobody knew a fucking thing about them besides this crazy-fuck EP about boners and adrenaline. You’ll shred this thing to pieces and know every word on the album within the hour. The absurdly juvenile shade of Diarrhea Planet sets us in Limbo, floating somewhere far too vulgar for the lo-fi sensibilities of most hipster cult rockers and way too silly for honest-to-fuck-core punks. In light of the childish insanity I have painted all over this thing, you’ll be surprised by the elegant musical composition that they manage to pull together, as well as the contrast between homeroom joke jamming and the severe pain of being a misunderstood teen with nothing to live for except the girl next store and warm summer night garage parties (this was far before we found the habitual comfort of whiskey to quell this deep misunderstood anguish that we carry). Is it refreshing to see a band who has so little respect for the artistic abilities of song writing that the only words they can come up with for 2:49 on the EP’s longest track are “GHOST WITH A BONER!!! GHOST WITH A BONER!!!!”????……… Yes… yes it is. 

-Donnie Feclor



3 comments:

  1. Yeah I totally did. I usually write these things when I'm in a frantic mess, but I wrote this during a nice quiet evening with the girly, and I did drastically underestimate the the violent fun that is being had on this thing. I'm glad you like it... I PARTY THE SHIT OUUUTTTTT, I PARTY THE SHIT OUT OF MY SELLFFFFF!!!!! OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the spell check stranger : )

    ReplyDelete