Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pourin' Lean & Collard Greens

 Big K.R.I.T., Country Shit(Remix)(feat. Ludacris & Bun B)
 


Let me tell you bout this,
Super fly, dirty dirty
Third coast, muddy water, 
Shawty pop that pussy if ya wanna,
Let me tell you bout this,
Old school pourin' lean,
Candied yams and collard greens,
Pocket fulla stones ridin' clean...

Big K.R.I.T. takes us back to a time when that Durty South Grime almost took over the entire planet, he carries on the legacy that UGK and early Outkast left behind. With a clear lyrical respect for candy paint, choppin' rims, poppin' hydrolics on tha corner and spillin' lean on the wood grain, the grime penetrates deeper on this track, bringing a soul sampled beat with mean swagger, that is as much influenced by selling crack and pimpin' as it is by gospel music. I gotta say "GOD DAMN!" it's good to see Luda back in action, he blows this track wide open with the first line, "Let me tell ya bout these old school Chevy's, Cadillac SS Impalas. If you smoking then we got mo' sacks then Troy Polamalu." For those of you who generally disregard hip-hop because it lacks substance, or any substance had, promotes bad stereotypes against everybody. Keep in mind that Luda and K.R.I.T. bring layers of intelligence and respect to polish their street cred, and maintain a very delicate equilibrium with lines like "No insurance on these whips tags all outdated,  might not be shit too you,  but my momma thinks I made it."

If none of this makes sense it's cause I've never written hip-hop and havn't listened to any besides Nas and The Beastie Boys in months. This track is worth everybody's time so SHUT UP, click play and dance your ass off. 


Country Shit (Remix) (feat. Ludacris & Bun B)-Big K.R.I.T.



-Cee-Lo-Fee-Dough 


3 comments:

  1. HOLY SHIT this is madness. haven't heard a new beat with this much southern soulful swag since shine blockas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def Jam sent me an e-mail telling me they were doing me a favor by not suing me and just pulled the Soundcloud track instead.... THANKS RUSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd just like to say, its weird def jam got all up in your shit about having that track up when Krit released this on a free demo you can get everywhere. returnof4eva

    ReplyDelete