Friday, April 1, 2011

he said DRUMS!


When I first set eyes on the cover of Waxeater's Sleeper I immediately wanted to break it open and figure out what the hell it meant. After about thirty seconds into the opening track entitled "Are Those Fucking Beers Ice Cold Yet?" I gave up. It doesn't matter. An open book, a winged demon squid thing, and Anne Frank-together forever, it doesn't have to make sense. Angsty post-punk/hardcore is a beautiful thing. That being said-be prepared to destroy shit when throwing this in your player. Hide your valuables, you won't regret it. Relentless drums, maniacal guitar swirls, bass that bludgeons your skull and raw angry teens screaming about anything and everything that's worth hating and screaming about. Really shitty dirty production, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It adds to the attitude, which they have oodles of. Some similar bands that come to mind include The Jesus Lizard, Shellac, Melvins, Future of the Left, etc.

fuck shit up pussies

-BlackReignbow

1 comment:

  1. I initially listened to this when I was stoned out of the 3rd dimension... It scared me so bad I couldn't listen to it for a week. Then I listened to it again when I was drunk. Now all of my belongings are in the pool outside... I know you warned me, but still, go fuck yourself...

    ReplyDelete