Monday, June 6, 2011

Ain't nothin' sweet but the Swishers



Yeah yeah yeah, it's been a fucking minute. No excuses, just some fire for you. All of you already know about my sweet tooth for popular-as-fuck rappers, especially Wayne. I've always been kind of touch and go about Drake's shit, but when he drops the '90s R&B act and tries to keep up with the big boys, shit. is. SWAG. This particular song, a DJ Khaled joint (who I usually can't stomach because of his shameless/obnoxious self-promotion), has all the makings of a summer night anthem. Catchiest hook I've heard in I don't even know how long, beastly verses from all three of these rich assholes, and a supreme beat that falls right in line with the current merger of cool-kid-hip-hop and dark electronica (which I happen to be an enormous fan of). Put this on the next time you pop a bottle of champagne, and watch the pretty girls swoon :)

2 comments:

  1. love the whole thing, esp. the weezy bit. it just boggles the mind though..what the hell does dj khaled actually DO??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see my boo is writing posts again. And you're right about making pretty girls swoon. Xo. I love this song so damn much. -Monika

    ReplyDelete