Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hypnotic Summer Rock


Alright. I love Cave. They's good. Even though I'm sick right now, I'm doing my best to stay in the spirit of summer. Listening to these guys makes it easy. They're very kraut rocky. Lots of hypnotic grooves and synths, but with the up front rhythms and the jangly hooks and melodies-you never get drowned out. With a lot of this type of repetitive krauty stuff, your head can get caught up in the clouds, but these guys have a kinda punky (when i say punky I mean Lightning Bolt type punky, not PUNK punky, I mean they're a space rock band...) soul which keeps it very bright and fresh and danceable. They're like Hawkwind meets Can or Circle or something, but in a glass of fresh squeezed Orange Juice. It also helps that they're incredible musicians and very in tune with each other. The cover explains anything else I didn't mention. This has become one of my favorite albums for this time of year. It is my meaning of fun. I hope you dig it.



-Blaque Rainbeau

No comments:

Post a Comment